When people come in at the wedding, it’s the first thing that seeks their attention. The most commonly used flowers are:
- Marigold: Marigolds or “gendas” are the most popular flower of Indian wedding. It is of an orange and yellow colors and trust me it looks beautiful when both are mixed together and put to decorate the house. Marigold is a popular choice among Indians. It is also used to worship Vishnu. Marigold petals are also added to “Rangoli” for beauty. This flower is long lasting because it stays fresh for 2-3 days.
- Tulip: Another variety which is increasingly in demand is the tulip. It is of very sweet color and symbolizes love for each other.
Flowers are used in different designs and people take it very seriously because of its importance in the couple’s life. These are mostly used:
- Flowers for decorating car and horses
- For putting in hair
- Bouquets for bride
- Decorating the house
- Decorating the Mandap area
- Decorating the wedding area
- Decorating the temple, church etc.